JJJ recently caught up with rising actor Asher Angel, who plays Jonah in the coming-of-age story about a relatable girl who’s trying to determine where she fits in and the many amazing ways she can live her life.
Andi (Peyton Elizabeth Lee) has been raised to live on the safe side, but on her 13th birthday, a revelation jumpstarts her path of self-discovery.
At every twist and turn, she’s anchored by a loving albeit complicated family and her loyal best friends, Cyrus (Joshua Rush) and Buffy (Sofia Wylie). Along the way, she learns that sometimes the unexpected is what truly makes life great.
“I am so excited for people to meet the cast and characters in this show and to go on this ride with us that explore the issues and stories that impact kids, families, and friends,” Asher told us about the new show.
Check out 10 fun facts Asher shared with us:
1. I love anything spicy.
2. Singing is my other passion
3. I have 7 animals at home.
4. I am the oldest of three.
5. I am a serious sports fan!
6. Would love to play Pippen one day on Broadway.
7. I have performed in over 30 musical theater shows.
8. I started skiing when I was 3!
9. My favorite color is blue.
10. My middle name is DOV.