Get to know the super talented Mason Cook!
The 16-year-old actor stars as Ray on the new ABC comedy Speechless, which airs Wednesdays @ 8:30PM.
“Speechless has opened so many people’s eyes to what life is like in families with a special needs child, but from an entertaining, funny and real place,” Mason told us. “Getting to be a part of this show is amazing for me as an actor and also as a person who is helping break down misconceptions and educate people.”
Check out 10 fun facts Mason told us:
1. I am a direct descendant of John A. Roebling, the designer of the Brooklyn Bridge in New York City and inventor of the wire cable used on suspension bridges.
2. I had a relative die on the Titanic. His character wasn’t in the movie, but several of the people he was traveling with were.
3. There are four kids in my family. Three of us, including me, are left-handed.
Click inside to see the rest of Mason Cook’s fun facts…
4. My dad is a single-parent, so whenever I film out of town or out of the country, we all go which is fun.
5. I love to scare people, but I hate being scared. I decorated Kyla’s trailer for Halloween as a surprise and put a scary baby doll that talks and screams when motion-activated on her couch.
6. My first acting job was a Dunkin Donuts commercial. Getting paid was the bonus – the donuts were the best part.
7. In my acting career, I have had an appendectomy, awake brain surgery, open heart surgery and electro-shock therapy. I have died only once.
8. I am a terrible singer and dancer, which is why the Speechless writers keep making me do it on the show.
9. I skateboard with my left foot forward, but can’t do it with my right foot forward at all. Same with snowboarding.
10. I am an artist and love to draw and sketch. I am currently into graffiti-style artwork.